The Golden Grove Primary School Governing Council is jointly responsible with the Principal for the governance of Golden Grove Primary School.
Its function is to involve the school community in the governance of the school to strengthen and support public education in the community.
The role of the council is described through a constitution and code of practice.
Responsibilities of the Governing Council:
- involve the school community in the governance of the school;
- set the broad direction and vision of the school;
- contribute to the strategic planning of the school;
- determine policies for the school including policies for the safety, welfare and discipline of students;
- determine the application of the total financial resources available to the school including the regular review of the budget;
- report to the school community and the Minister.
The council is comprised of elected members of the school community, the Principal and 2 staff representatives. Elections for the council are held at the School’s Annual General Meeting in February of each year. Governing Council members are elected for 2 years and the members meet twice per term.
Governing Council Members 2014
- Jeremy Stones (Chairperson)
- Karen Smith (Deputy Chairperson)
- Michelle Dunn (Secretary)
- Randall Wheaton (Treasurer)
- Karen O'Grady
- Dani Bollard
- Lesley Brown
- Alicia Schlueter
- Gary O’Neill
- Adam O'Grady
- Mark Dand
- Lachlan Thorn
- Megan Ekins
- Paula Luethen
- Wendy Moore
Ex Officio Members
- Stephanie Portlock (Assistant Principal)
- Anita Becker (Assistant Principal)
- Teresa Grandison (Assistant Principal)
Parents /caregivers, staff and students are involved in the decision-making processes of the school through the Governing Council Committees other consultation processes. The Committees report to the Council at the Governing Council meetings. The Committees may include both members of the Governing Council and general school community representatives (non Governing Council).
There are 7 Governing Council Committees:
- Class parent
For further information on the Golden Grove Primary School Governing Council, please feel free to email the Governing Council Chairperson Martin Kusabs at email@example.com